Top 10 Home Organizing Tips
1. Trust yourself and the process. It takes time and patience to get organized.
2. Organizing is a process and sometimes you just have to start somewhere and get the momentum going.
a. Make a list of what areas you want to conquer first: kitchen, closet, etc.
b. Decide what you really need “before” purchasing organizing storage materials.
c. Once you decide on an area you want to tackle: start by grouping similar things together: donation box, garbage, keep, recycle, and haven’t decided.
d. Start organizing your space with a CLEAN SLATE.
3. Group similar items together such as books, cups, shoes, belts, etc. and create a place for everything.
4. Develop a habit of putting stuff away so it doesn’t pile up and become overwhelming.
5. When minimizing: it’s helpful to take the donations the same day.
6. Tidy drawers make it easier to find what you need.
7. When you are organizing, minimize distractions. Stay on task!
8. It’s a great idea to block out time for organizing and get one project completed from start to finish before starting on the next project.
9. It’s easier to stay organized and maintain your space once the initial overhaul and decluttering is complete.
10. Having an organized space saves you time, money, and gives you peace of mind.
Less stuff = clearer mind
Have fun and happy organizing!